Friday, August 04, 2006
OK, Dad told me last night that there should be a few blueberries ripe on the hill so I decided to go and pick enough for a pie. Well I didn't go very far when who is following me but... Betty Lou!!! It was hot and humid here today and if you know the hill it is a little steep. Well I got to the top and whoa there are lots of blueberries .....the first crop that we grew..... I am excited.. If any one has gone blueberry picking..it is realitively easy....not so with Betty Lou....!! Every time that I got a hand full of berries she figured that I must have my hand down there just for her to scratch behind her ears!!!!! Then she would bump my hand and there goes all the berries!!!! I was up there for about 30 minutes and walked all around the field checking the berries, then I came to a big patch and proceeded to pick......Then I heard this sound like heavy panting, I looked up and around..as you know we are in the woods!!!!! I couldn't see any thing, then I looked down and here was poor Betty Lou panting....she was hot and tired of this game!!!! She was laying in the tall grass excausted!!!!!! Dad came up to check on me, I gave him the blueberries to carry back down and I carried Betty Lou!!!! Now for all the Betty Lou fans you know she does not like to be picked up..... she was so tired that she LET me carry her down the hill.....I put her in the house with lots of water and she didn't move all night... Next time I will make sure she does't follow me!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment